Moving house can be extremely stressful however being prepared and planning in advance can help for a smooth journey to your new home. The following check list provides you with some useful tips:
- Source quotes from removal companies and ask if they are a member of BAR – The British Association of Removers.
- Book the removal company as soon as possible and check what their policy is with regard to changing the date if necessary.
- It’s now time to start clearing out unwanted items to either sell or give to charity organisations, or dispose of items at the recycling centres in your area.
- Gather storage boxes, newspapers, bubble wrap to protect fragile items and start the packing process, remember it’s a good idea to label the boxes which will be easier to identify in your new home and clearly identify boxes that are fragile. Most removal companies will sell storage products.
- Write a list of all the utilities you need to notify of your new address and moving date and you can set up a re-direction facility with Royal Mail.
- Make arrangements for a family member or friends to look after your pets, and children. Give the property a thorough clean throughout or hire a professional cleaning company as you want to leave your house in the best order for the new home owners.
- Gather all the guarantees, instruction manuals for all the appliances in the home and leave in the property for the owners.
- Have one final walk round and ensure that you have removed all your belongings.
- Make sure you have all sets of keys together and hand the keys into your Solicitor or Estate Agent.
- Good luck in your new home!
CONTACT US TO ARRANGE A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
To arrange a free initial consultation with Morgans, please contact us on telephone number 01383 620222, or alternatively complete the short form below and a member of our staff will get back to you as quickly as possible…[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]